In The Blink Of An Eye

Today I just want to have a bit of a ramble about life. I've always been quite a pessimistic person, when something bad is happening I struggle to see the light at the end or a positive outcome ever occurring.

The last few months have taught me so much. They have taught me that this is such an unhelpful way to think and that you never know what's round the corner. The last few years have been stressful and tough, through the battle with my mental health as well as relationships with other people.

3 months ago I was in a very rough place, I was struggling to move on from an unhealthy controlling relationship where I had been hurt and betrayed. I couldn't see any way out, I felt I would never be able to open up to anyone again. The negative mindset that I spun deeper and deeper into was destroying me, I lost all motivation for everything I had once loved. I wasn't baking as much (for me this is a warning sign things are bad). I didn't even want to leave the house and the thought of going anywhere alone wasn't even an option.

But, in 3 months, everything changed. I had no idea what was waiting for me around the corner and I was so down I couldn't see all the happiness coming into my life. I found the most caring and loving person that I have ever been blessed to meet. Yes, it took me a while to see just how special that person was but I got there.

The last few months have shown me that you never know what's waiting for you, everything can change in the blink of an eye. But then I wonder, maybe that happiness was always there in my life, maybe I was just blinded by my own negativity.

I'll leave you with one of my favourite songs which has got me through many dark days.



Lucy x :) 

Comments

Popular Posts